adam Housing Acceptable Use Policy
Please Read the Terms of this Policy Carefully Before Using the Web Application
What's in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our web application, make contact with other users on our web application, link to our web application, or interact with our web application in any other way.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
1. Who we are and how to contact us
2. By using our web application you accept these terms
3. There are other terms that may apply to you
4. We may make changes to the terms of this policy
5. Prohibited uses
6. Interactive services
7. Content standards
8. Breach of this policy
9. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
1. Who We Are and How To Contact Us
www.adamhousing.co.uk is a web application operated by adam HTT Limited ("We"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 7718565 and have our registered office and trading address at The Pinnacle, 170 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 1BP, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 198 5733 49.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
2. By Using Our Web Application You Accept These Terms
By using our web application, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our web application.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
3. There Are Other Terms That May Apply To You
Our Terms of Service also apply to your use of our web application.
4. We May Make Changes to the Terms of This Policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our web application, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 20 April 2020.
5. Prohibited Uses
You may use our web application only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our web application:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
6. Interactive Services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our web application, including, without limitation:
- Live Chat
- Direct Messaging
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our web application, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our web application, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
7. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our web application (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
adam HTT Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Adam HTT Limited, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
8. Breach of this Policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Service upon which you are permitted to use our web application, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our web application.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our web application.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We do not pre-moderate Contributions (for example images and documents relating to properties) before they are made to our web application therefore if you see a Contribution that you believe to be in breach of this acceptable use policy please report it to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Which Country's Laws Apply to Any Disputes?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.